Blood Orange Screwdriver Poptails & Saffron Poached Pears
Perfectly Serves – 4
- 4 x standard cups of water
- 2 x standard cups of sugar
- 4 x pears – peeled
- 2 x teaspoons of saffron
- Fresh mint to garnish
- 4 x Frost Blood Orange Screwdriver poptails
- Place the water and sugar into a medium saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce the heat and stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the saffron to the syrup.
- Reduce the heat and add peeled pears.
- Place a sheet of baking paper (cut into the diameter of the pot) on top of the mixture and simmer on medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until the pears are soft, but do not fall apart.
- Remove the pears with a slotted spoon, set aside, and reduce the liquid in the same saucepan over a low heat until a light syrup forms.
- Remove the Frost Blood Orange Screwdriver poptails from the tubes, and break apart using a fork.
- Spoon the Frost Blood Orange Screwdriver poptail shards into the bottom of four pudding glasses and top each with a poached pear.
- Drizzle the syrup over, and top each with a sprig of fresh mint.